View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 07:17 PM   #39
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
I'm a freelance writer: I live by my words.

I like what Google is trying to do - make books available to readers. Remember, copyright is basically a way of saying "you can only keep other people from doing what they want with this for so long and NO LONGER." Essentially what they want to do is change the default for books to "available" from "unavailable" and that's a good thing. Yes, they do need to work out ways that rightsholders can be compensated and that books can be removed from the system. But they can't forget that the real reason for copyright is to induce people to add to the public domain.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote