View Single Post
Old 12-10-2014, 01:12 PM   #15
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
There was only one generation of the HD 8.9 and it still uses the Jelly Bean fork of the OS. All Fires released in 2013 and 2014 use the KitKat fork and have a better interface that will allow you to do a neat little trick (explained below)

To get rid of the carrousel on the HD 8.9, add a different launcher. I did that on my HD 7 (same year as your HD 8.9). That's the only to easily remove the carousel clutter short of rooting.

For your new HD 7, you can remove the carousel from view by simply flipping the favorites from the bottom of the screen to the top. Then leave them there. You'll never see the carousel again, unless you flip the favorites back down. I have the HD 6 and that's what I did to "remove" that stupid carrousel. Then I put my apps in folders. Now my screen shows folders and the heading across the top -- Shop, Games, Apps, Books, etc.
Cool, thanks tube!

Another Kindle annoyance is the default send to choice for all my purchases. I wish there was a way to make that the cloud reader. I hate that extra couple clicks. My wife never uses her old kindle, but the next time she turns it on she's going to have a billion books trying to download themselves.
TrevorViking is offline   Reply With Quote