View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 08:35 AM   #47
guitarchitect
guitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud of

Device: kobo aura hd... maybe
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
The Chris SIL fonts as modified by JSWolf are a heavier font which, in my opinion, does look better on the eInk display especially in poorer lighting. I've found that many of the standard PC fonts which look good on my laptop or desktop display look too light on the Kobo. Unfortunately, the font tweaking capability of the Kobo only applies to the built-in fonts at this time.

Regards,
David
Is anyone in this thread able to modify the firmware on the Kobo?

There's basically a List for which fonts the TypeGenius modifications will be applied to in the firmware. If you rename one of the fonts in your font directory (any font at all) to use one of the names in that list, it will get used instead of the built-in font - then you will be able to apply the TypeGenius settings to it!

If modifying the firmware to include the names of the Fonts we use (Minion, Charis SIL, etc) will allow the TypeGenius settings to be applied to them, that would be amazing! Unfortunately I have no idea how to do it/test it
guitarchitect is offline   Reply With Quote