Thread: Ebook Price War
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 09:27 AM   #46
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
All glass-tower produced "bestsellers"... did you really expect anything else from those folks?
Try some mid-list/back-list titles or some indies.
There's good reads out there that don't come with name-brand wallet-vacuuming.
I agree. The prices of these books have pretty much made me re-think my tastes, and what I "gotta have". There's always the library if I really want to read something out of my range.

I often stop to wonder why I want something, and I feel like a lot of my previous wishing for the big-name books has been long term conditioning. I don't like being told who's the best when it comes to entertainment. I like to just read and decide which stories are best for me.

"Because everyone says it's good", has often led me to make purchases I've regretted. If something is that good, and I just "have to" read something, well, I'll get in line at the library, or the person who feels I'll die if I don't read something can just buy me the book themselves.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote