View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 08:43 AM   #87
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
@js1d3: Which device do you actually have?
This thread is about KT and K4.

(My method only works for KT, you'll probably need Yifan Lu's data.tar.gz and a modified RUNME.sh for the K4, sorry for always forgetting about that device)

In any case, your user info says you have a K3. This *might* be why it doesn't work.
@ixtab: Good catch! I missed that detail. I am simultaneously working on many things and I do not always notice these "little" details.

The K3 has its own jailbreak procedure, and it does not have a separate diagnostics partition to boot from. On a K3 Diags is just a program you run during startup of a main boot if it sees the ENABLE_DIAGS file.

It *does* source the /var/local/mntus.params file though, so many of the repair methods used in the "Select Boot" thread could be adapted to work here *after* you get a custom mntus.params file installed using an *existing* (modified) K3 jailbreak. I am not aware of anybody having done this yet, though, so for *now*, I recommending using the external serial port for a simple serial port recovery.

Seaniko7
has posted a youtube video showing just how easy it is to recover a K3 using the serial port:

Last edited by geekmaster; 03-12-2012 at 08:45 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote