View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 08:49 PM   #79
HoopyFrood
Zealot
HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cruz e-reader, 2 Kindles and a Kindle DX, Sanza Clip
Ah this has been good. I was wondering whether to give it a shot and I think I'll spend my time on something better. I loved "The Stand", thought "It" was very weak and needed some severe editing, also thought the same of "Under the Dome", which I didn't finish. That one really, really needed a good editor. I loved the Dark Tower series, "Salem's Lot" which I think is one of the best vampire books ever, and thought "Misery" was one of the worst things I've read.

But then he writes something like "Four Past Midnight" which is stunning, and you forgive him for his lapses into mediocrity. "The Library Police" still gives me chills.
HoopyFrood is offline   Reply With Quote