View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 07:16 PM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverClothe View Post
I know the history. And it is still true that library books were never supported. Now, you could obtain scripts that Amazon did not want you to know about, in order to modify the files (and technically not remove the DRM) in order for the Kindle to read them. But that hardly qualifies as "supporting."

It will be good to have all the major readers support library books. This can only help the ebook market.
That script was only for Mobipocket eBooks and now that libraries support ePub, that's just old history.

Anyway, this will cause the wait lists to go through the roof. Also, I feel this may be unfair depending on how it's done. If Kindle users can borrow PDF or Mobipocket and get AZW back, then it really is unfair and should be stopped. Those of us that use ePub cannot borrow PDF or Mobipocket and get ePub. The other thing that may not be fair is that for the ePub users, sometimes we didn't get ePub if the library already had PDF and/or Mobipocket. So let's hope it's ePub only that Kindle users get to borrow.

One change I feel Overdrive should do is set all the library borrowing times to 7 days and let the users change that to 14 days. 21 day borrowing times should be eliminated. Way too long given what we'll be soon facing.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote