View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 08:39 AM   #27
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by netseeker View Post
Your second point, regarding the GPL compliance, is not correct. They have to do so with the first request. (well, that request was made by you now...)
No, request was made some time ago on the-ebook.org forums. The answer was they had no time for that at the moment. (many users asked about it) The latest response was:
http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewt...=407887#407887
Quote:
Quote:
arhangelm wrote:
So what about the sources...
Our first priority is to 1) fix all bugs.

99% of our users wait for battery, "stuck keys" etc. We'll take care about the remaining 1% later
Glad that they've chosen another tone on English speaking forums.

ebookapps
Quote:
Extensively? Not at all. We use GPL code only in djvu and pdf and this code is going to be posted on our site shortly.
1) I seriously doubt you've developed fb2 viewer code in house from scratch. The most popular FB reader is GNU licensed.
2) Same goes for chm, I doubt you've done it from scratch.

Quote:
Scared of competition?
PRS+ is a hobby/for fun/join if you want project. It's not a company project. Nobodies income depends on it. The more stuff is available for users, the better.
I don't want people to wonder "why something from project X is not used in project Y". It should be clear that it's not, because sharing the code is last of project X intentions.
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote