View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 03:11 PM   #7
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonp View Post
Thanks so much for the info. I emailed the VPL, and they sent me back a boiler plate response pointing out the online ebook catalogues but nothing about downloads. How did you even find out about B.C. Libary?

Bad news though. I have a Kindle 2, and I don't think it supports encrypted mobi files; not sure about the others though. I guess there are ways around that, however.
I think I found out about it first just through Google. It is also mentioned in the MobileRead Wiki under EBook_Lending_Libraries and now you can search for an available public library in Canada via Sony's Reader Store.

There used to be a way for Kindle users to access your public library ebooks but I believe they have closed that gap. I'm not that familiar with the Kindle other than you need one or Kindle 4 PC to access the Kindle Store.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote