View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 09:20 AM   #7
janek
Groupie
janek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Boox m92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
Be carrefull, the M92 is a reader for "books" and other "papers". Some PDF files are difficult to open without the power of a PC. It's necessary to examine the files, some files are very strange.
Yes, better safe than sorry. I accept no claims whatsoever regarding viruses, broken hardware etc Your point about computing power is right too, yet it is reported that the file opens just fine on Kindle. I was also able to open it on my Intel Atom netbook, which is not particularly powerful - and it opens in less than one second in Adobe Reader, Xpdf, Xournal and Evince.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guidol View Post
If it doesnt work as a PDF-File how about transcoding it to a djvu-File via a Online-Service?:
http://any2djvu.djvuzone.org/

Thats the easy way to read your file now and have time to find out why it wont open as .pdf
If you do that, you loose the possibility to annotate. Also it may or may not be the option since some form of write protection is used in the file.

Last edited by janek; 08-23-2012 at 09:23 AM.
janek is offline   Reply With Quote