View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 01:46 PM   #20
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
First, apologies to the OP for hijacking the thread. At least the topic is related.

@speakingtohe: you can do what you want by creating a new custom column built from other columns that will contain the value you wish to use for a collection. Lets call it #collections. Do not check the box "Show in tags browser" when creating the column.

I understand that you currently build all collections from author_sort. Assuming I understand correctly, then the template for the #collections column would be
Code:
program: x=field('author_sort'); strcmp(field('series'), 'Anthology', x, 'Anthology', x)
This template will put 'Anthology' into #collections if the series is named that, otherwise it copies author_sort. FYI: the template uses general program mode because in this case, it will be faster than the other two modes. If you want to change the name of the collection, change the second occurrence of 'Anthology'.

You would then use #collections in the 'build series from' box in the device plugin instead of author_sort.

You do not need to show the #collections column on the library spreadsheet.
I did this and it works. Slows down the searchbar searches, but I can just put the column in when reader is going to be attached.

Thanks again
Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote