View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 06:09 PM   #12
shull
shull began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
HarryT, the '30%' figure that I used was fictional of course to point out an idea.
I still believe you could potentially obtain discounts from publishers.
But of course there is a lot of 'economics' involved which I haven't really thought through yet, you are right.

My original question popped out, just to see how you and everybody else reading the post, would perceive the idea of a retail ebook shop.

I know there are some of us who still read from normal 'paper' books, and also from e-readers.

What I am trying to point out with such a shop idea, would be moving away from a conventional 'paper' book store and having the opportunity to browse the shelfs of a book store but only in digital format.

There are question related to how you would browse an existing book, without buying it ? as you would normally.

Or even the cheeky question for some people: how would you read half a book for free in a couple of lunch breaks, even finish it, and then not buy it ?
I've noticed cases like that before...unfortunately - but this is a bit off topic.

So if you were to have such an e-store working better for the people, then how would you make it be ?

All above were my ideas, some not so good I admit, but how would you see it work ?
shull is offline   Reply With Quote