View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 02:02 AM   #1
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura ->iOS/L2
Custom collections on sony 505

So I noticed in the changelog that as of 633, we can customize the sony collections as per:

Quote:
Allow the metadata that is used to create collections when sending books to SONY readers to be customized

"By default collections are created on the SONY reader corresponding to series and tags. Now you can add other metadata fields, like author, or remove ones you dislike, by going to Preferences->Plugins and customizing the device interface plugin corresponding to your device."
When I looked at the device plugin it seems that you can only put all the tags as a method of collection building. I was wondering if you can actually choose which tags are used to build the collections. For example, when I convert my books, I always put a tag in showing which version of calibre coverted it so when I have poor conversions I can see which version of calibre I used and whether reconverting it would be worthwhile or whether I have to play with the file specifically. Thus, I end up with collections like "612, 613, 614, etc" on the reader which is not useful. Another example is that each series shows up as a collection. When you have lots of series tagged in calibre, you may not want them all to show up as collections on the sony reader.

So, is there any way to micromanage the collections or is this something that would not be used by many here?
slantybard is offline   Reply With Quote