View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 10:48 AM   #7
thibaulthalpern
Evangelist
thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: my two eyes, KLiiK, Sony PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrie View Post
What worries me is that these books are cheap to produce, fail to meet basic quality control at times, yet still cost as much.
I don't know if it's just as cheap to produce but they certainly cost just about as much and actually sometimes quite a bit more! For one academic book, I can buy a new paperback version for US$30 but the ebook version is...guess what....US$99! Yes!

Luckily for me though, I haven't seen errors in academic ebooks. Perhaps quality control for academic publishers is a high priority for academic presses. And generally, I don't buy non-academic digital books because I only read them once. I borrow them from the library.
thibaulthalpern is offline   Reply With Quote