View Single Post
Old 07-27-2013, 09:11 PM   #1317
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
I finally got the Sony Vaio Duo 13. Since we can't get the i5 with a 256GB SSD locally I had to spring for the i7 with 8GB RAM. After one day of heavy usage the verdict is quite positive. The screen is great, the battery life amazing. The swivel mechanism works extremely well. The built quality seems excellent and I generally like the keyboard. Much less crapware than Sony machines in the past. On the negative side I hate the small right shift key (but I am slowly getting used to it) and the screen smudges easily. The trackpad is, of course much too small but I always use a mouse in laptop mode anyway, except when at airports or so. Therefore the palmrest is also somewhat short.

For tablet use the size is no problem at all, of course the weight is, but manageable. I guess at this point in time you can't do much better and still get full functionality. I didn't hear any fans kicking in yet and no hot air has been emerging from the ventilation slots until now. The casing feels totally cool, as cold as when it is turned off. In tablet mode the screen is a little top heavy but feels comfortable to hold. The 2 little feet mgmueller mentioned are a distraction, but quite far inside so by now I hardly notice them. The responsiveness of the screen to finger touch is as good as expected, same as Android or Windows RT. I didn't test out much more until now.

Didn't try the pen much yet. The storage on the right side in tablet mode is good when not using the PC, but gets in the way when holding the device in tablet mode. Very unfortunate it can't be stored inside.
I saw the Sony Vaio Duo in German Saturn Markt yesterday.
In the showroom I couldn't check the fan noise (if any).
But it definitely looks more stylish than the former model (the one I briefly had in February).
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote