View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 04:19 PM   #3
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Hello NightGoat,
unfortunately there is no "Pocketbook for Dummies" around because nobody took the pains to write one, but maybe I can help you with your special problem installing CoolReader.

I've attached a RAR file containing all you need.

- first unzip the file. It contains one extensions.cfg, one read_ru.txt (no need for this one) and a folder "System"containing the subfolders "Bin" and "Share".

- Connect your PB to your computer and open your Windows explorer, look for drive Pocketbook 360 ( X: ) or something like that and open it. There should be a variety of folders, one named "System".

- Now copy either the folders "Bin" and "Share" from the unpacked RAR file into the "System" folder of your 360, or the contents of this folders to the already existing respective folders on your device (they might be there if you have already installed other apps. IMPORTANT: If they are there don't overwrite or delete them, other functions might cease to work).
As a last step you have to copy the "extensions.cfg" file to "system>config" on your Pocketbook, this file tells your reader which app is needed for the different file-types. It is set to open EPUBs with CR3 as default, fbreader and Adobe are selectable with a long press on menu button as before, if you want to change that you have to edit the file (or ask me to do it)

I hope you get it running now

BTW, most apps go either to the "applications" folder or to "system>bin" but you have to look in the respective posts where to put them exactly
Attached Files
File Type: rar CR3-0.0.6.6.rar (2.65 MB, 141 views)

Last edited by troll05; 04-26-2012 at 04:42 PM.
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote