View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 05:32 PM   #33
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcp1999 View Post
Ok. So setting fastboot mode from the diags menu seems to work. On my mac I now have the device showing as 0x1949/0xD0D0.

I have downloaded android-sdk_r17-macosx.zip and ran the android program within to install platform-tools, which contains the fastboot program.

In the dir of the fastboot program I do 'sudo ./fastboot getvar serial' which just sits at <waiting for devices>.

What am I doing wrong?!

Thanks!
On other O.S.s that is usually an indication of missing usb library file(s).

Check if that fastboot is dynamically linked, and if so, look for the library files it references in that same *-macosx.zip.
Move those to their "usual place" - whatever that is on MacOSx.

That sdk zip file may have some 'readme' documents that describe what needs to be done to "install" the sdk or even an installer script that would handle the above details.

Sorry that I have to be so general above, I don't have anything Mac OSx, the above is just general *nix hints.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote