View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 02:27 PM   #69
Ben Thornton
Guru
Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad 2 (but not for e-books)
I'm lucky in that my son is into reading "Captain Underpants" books at the moment, which are a literary gem. Will I be spared these "Twilight" things, or are they not just for girls?

We've read the first few Harry Potters together, but I think that he needs to be a bit older for the next ones. I think that the HP books are good but not great - and that much of the pooh-poohing of them is a reaction against their disproportionate success.

I'm not sure about ebooks for children - I think that I'd want a more indestructible device before handing them out to a class of primary school kids.
Ben Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote