View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 06:33 PM   #34
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Or just drop me a Private Message

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionel47 View Post
Robert,

I have been lurking and reading about the Astak products for bout a month and half now in that forum. I have been impressed by your responsiveness to comments and your willingness to pass the information on to the developers. I watched the reactions to the the various firmware updates with interest.

If I had to buy a reader today, it would probably be the 6" EZ Reader though I don't see much difference between it and the Mentor Lite except the controller (which I understand makes for faster page turning?).

I am going to wait due to the larger format and connectivity options I am reading about. I am hoping Astak has some exciting things to announce as, again judging from your responsiveness here, it looks like a company with good customer service. I value that.

I won't ask you to disclose anything but I will say you have some stiff competition and wish you well at CES. I will try to contact you through your blog after reading more of it.
Dear Lionel:

That is smart to observe first. Thank you!

You are always welcome to Private Message me.

Yes, I know that we have very stiff competition. The new NOOK will steal a ton of thunder (despite reviews being not so complimentary). We have a large booth but little advertising. It is, as always, up to me to run up and down the aisles trying to get reviewers and media into our booth. Just ONCE I would like to see us follow more conventional approaches and actually ADVERTISE!

We have some big things coming. I think we will gather some attention if I can corner enough reviewers and media!!

Thank you!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote