View Single Post
Old 01-17-2009, 11:52 AM   #15
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
A bookstore. For non-published authors. Seems like there are a lot of writers on here. So like a MobileRead publishing company? Like I said, I don't know how realistic that is. I was thinking along the lines of etsy, where the website is just the interface and people post their own content at their own price.
ah, well there was some talk for a while of MR starting a communal editing service, which perhaps could be rediscussed. i'm not sure what logistics would be involved in setting up an online payment system since the money wouldn't go to mr, but to individual authors. that might be more complicated. it is an interesting idea though.

for now we can at least definitely encourage authors writing under a CC licence to distribute their work here (unless, as is the case for Spacejock Hal, they need to be able to reference the download count, and therefore must keep the distribution local on their own site).
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote