View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 05:22 AM   #27
lookout
lookout can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.lookout can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.lookout can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.lookout can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.lookout can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.lookout can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.lookout can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.lookout can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.lookout can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.lookout can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.lookout can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle 4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisH View Post
lookout,

I am trying to do something similar and I am having the same problem with getting the wifi to stay connected. I have a Digital Yacht WLN10 wifi data module which takes in serial data (NMEA) and broadcasts it. I can see the WLN10 (which is based on a Wifly module) hand out a DHCP address to the K4NT and the K4NT connects for about 15 seconds before it disconnects. I can see in the K4NT that it registered the network ssid and ip address correctly. Unfortunately, I don't have the skills to sort it out.

FWIW, I am trying to make a yacht instrument display that I can read in bright sunlight. My approach is to read in NMEA data and then construct a PNG file in memory for direct display on the K4NT. The PNG part is working well with random data and updates fast enough to do what it needs to do on the yacht. If I can get the wifi input to work I should be OK. I am using Python (for the first time) and my Python skills are next to nothing. Mostly I am just copying and pasting other peoples ideas.

So I am very interested in your 'DNS server' to fool the Kindle into thinking it has a validated connection. I am really hoping that you can post some code on how your server works.
I still have a bit more hacking to do, I can get it working for about 15 to 20 min then the WIFI drops out so I haven't captured everything yet, I will post my workings to date when I get a chance, I didn't take very good notes so it should be fun..... It is good to see that I am not the only one wanting to do something like this.
lookout is offline   Reply With Quote