View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 12:49 PM   #5
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Install the "Open With" plugin, assign "Open with Sigil" to a keyboard shortcut and you will be way ahead of anything you can do in calibre when it comes to search and replace - at least for working with EPUB. I assign Alt+E in my case and it is second nature to do any editing be it css tweaks, find/replace operations, TOC manipulations etc in Sigil that way.

Personally my toes curl every time I see one of these sort of threads to look at the sort of hoops people are jumping through to try to use the calibre S&R . It certainly has a purpose if you are not working with EPUBs (such as stripping PDF header/footers as part of a conversion to EPUB) but I would never ever use it for anything outside of that and would always recommend someone convert to EPUB (if not already), do their editing using either Sigil or Tweak ePub/HTML editor and then convert to their target format if EPUB isn't the end game.
kiwidude is online now   Reply With Quote