View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 03:38 PM   #11
foghat
Evangelist
foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggleton View Post
To me it wouldn't matter since I don't recognize any courts legitimacy, but why do you think anyone would sue the administrator of such a site??
I can honestly say I cannot tell if you are serious about the whole idea. Assuming you are: how do you define 'one user at a time'? Are you putting some sort of time limit (as in magnitude of days or greater) on before you let the next person download?

If not, even if you queue people up so there can only be one download at a time, we are talking the potential for thousands of downloads per a book per a day.

This is quite different than lending a physical copy of a book out.

At this point, I am not clear how your fancy new site could be classified any differently than something like pirate bay - even if the uploader truly is the original owner of said ebook.

I must be missing something. That or you've successfully trolled me.
foghat is offline   Reply With Quote