View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 02:49 PM   #8
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumIguana View Post
People will read articles in their web browser, but few would want to read books in their browsers. E-books have been around for some time, but few wanted to read them until the advent of e-readers, people didn't want to read books on their computer screens.
It's more complicated than that. I have dead time at work and would LOVE to read novels on my computer, but the firewalls in place make that a bit fiddly to do. And I can't install the Kindle or B&N app on my work computer.

Please keep in mind that everything you are saying right now, someone said would spell doom for eReaders. (People will read books on paper, but few would want to read books on a machine!) You may be right, you may not be, but it's WAY more complicated than just "few...want to read books in their browsers".
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote