View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 08:16 AM   #12
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corran006 View Post
l_macd, I see you saw some in the store but that makes me question how honest these units are from what is really being bought. For example most of the reviews I am sure were given great units with little or zero problems but then they send out units for sale that seems less then good.
There were a few posts on here from people saying the demo models they saw instore at Best Buy didn't look very good, so I don't think that is the case. My only point is that you are better to judge with your own eyes rather than rely on other peoples opinions, and since Amazon make the return/refund process pretty easy, if you are at all interested in getting a Paperwhite, there's nothing to lose by getting one from Amazon...... If you are that suspicious/cautious though, it's probably best not to bother! Maybe you would be as well waiting to see if the next generation of lighted e-readers has 0% chance of any screen issues. Unless something happens to my Kindle 3, I'm happy enough to wait and see what the next release brings. But if something were to happen to it, I'd be quite happy to give the current Paperwhite a chance.

Last edited by soulfuldog; 01-26-2013 at 08:19 AM.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote