View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 07:05 PM   #15
Kevin8or
Guru
Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
Some recent suggested categories in the Discussion/Suggestion thread were Biographies, award winners, and YA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
Potential other categories include, but are not limited to (I think all of these have been mentioned in the discussions at some point or another):
  • Award-Winners
  • Young Adult
  • Biography (splitting "nonfic" into two categories)
  • Classics-by-age and Classics-by-popularity, or other split of the Classics category
  • War/Military (fiction and non)
  • Free ebooks (guaranteeing that everyone has access that month)
  • Historical Fiction
  • Literary Fiction (we'd have to define it...)

[...] Categories that haven't been suggested, even in passing, include Sports, Religion, Erotica, Travel, Poetry, Anthologies, GLBT, and Cooking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
Here are two more that were mentioned that you could add:

-Drama [...]
-Adventure
Thank you. I couldn't think of any additional categories. Some of these would be somewhat redundant, or at least overlap. (We have award-winners as nominees every month; most young adult fiction is also some other category, like sci-fi or fantasy; another mobileread book club is already devoted to literary fiction...)

Truth is, I'm indifferent. I'll abstain and be happy with whatever the majority decides.

Last edited by Kevin8or; 10-27-2012 at 07:10 PM.
Kevin8or is offline   Reply With Quote