View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 07:54 PM   #28
ChrisC333
Groupie
ChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it is

Device: Acer eM250 Netbook, iTouch, iRiver Story, HP TM2 Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjl View Post
Hmm.. I don't get the benefit of running a "full" operating system (which is misleading as the iPad OS is not "half" an operating system) and then stripping out most of it in order to get decent performance. Wouldn't you be better off with a full install of a half operating system than a lobotomized full install?
Possibly. But just because you don't 'get' it doesn't mean that somebody else won't.

It rather depends on what features or functions that you happen to want. Jswinden clearly doesn't like the restrictions that the iPad place on how you can use it, and feels that getting more than he needs and being able to choose what he removes is preferable. He's hardly alone there.

For my own part I'm perfectly happy to admit that Apple make wonderful products, that Steve Jobs is a very smart man, and that Apple owners are generally wise, handsome and discerning..... (after all I'm writing this on an iMac and I own an iTouch and an iPhone, so it must be true... ). But I also get why somebody would prefer to have more freedom to tinker around than Apple usually give you - because I like doing that too. I'm happy to own a range of gear from both camps, because I win both ways.

Cheers,

Chris
ChrisC333 is offline   Reply With Quote