View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 12:43 AM   #1
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
TxtPub - Text to ePub converter

Someone brought up the other day that they wanted to know a good way to convert PDFs to ePubs without any hassle. And well, I saw this posted on a forum I go on yesterday before a mod yanked it, afterwards I researched it a little further and contacted the developer and he gave me a copy to review.

Anyway, I think this would be a perfect solution to the PDF problem as long as they're not too complex. I'm finding it brilliant for converting some long-form writing too. You can do all the formatting in something like Notepad/TextEdit then import it with iTunes' File Sharing, or you can write it with your favorite iPad editor that can output txt files and send it straight to TxtPub and it converts it to ePub right at the spot.

You can then open it with, **cough** Marvin **cough**, the ebook reader of your choice. Or it spits out a ePub file that you can grab from the file sharing.

For now it just does plain text and turns the enter/return to paragraphs, but I've asked for Markdown support which will make formatting very easy to do.

Here's a screenshot of an article I tested it with. It has a nice library and lets you do collections/shelves too. The reader is decent if you're not too fussy about customization, has the basic black/white, white/black, sepia, and brightness settings:

Here's the link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/txtp...627764905?mt=8

I think it's worth the $1.99 price tag for what it does.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote