View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 04:28 PM   #12
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
I have a k3 with 3g and no special offers.

I'm thinking about getting a Paperwhite. I can live with the special offers (I'm pretty sure) but I'm not sure whether the additional $60 is worth it for 3G. Is this a limited 3G that you can only download books from Amazon and access Wikipedia? or is it the full 3G like my K3 has?

I side-load most of my books, but every so often I do actually download the book directly to my K3... the 3G is invisible to me, so I never know whether I'm at a wifi hotspot or whether I'm getting the book through 3G.

If the additional cost was, maybe, $30, it would be a no-brainer, but $60 is considerable, especially if it's a limited version.
The extra premium is no longer worth it, IMHO. I have had 3G on all my previous Kindles due to extensive traveling and, frankly, rarely used it. I am now using a Wifi-only PW and saved the $60. I do have the capability of tethering to my 4G phone if needed but Wifi has proven to be adequate.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote