View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 06:57 PM   #50
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by charleski View Post
What are sales like for expensive luxury widgets in China? Remember all those Chinese ereaders that debuted at CES then never saw the light of day?
The Chinese market is expanding like the proverbial house on fire. When you have a population of 1.3+ billion, it doesn't take a lot of penetration to have a successful product.

Quote:
It's pretty obvious to anyone who works with colour professionally. Apple's tried to get away with 16bit laptop LCDs in the past and there was an outcry. If all you care is that reds don't look green, then I'm sure colour eInk will be fine.
If you work with color professionally (and I have), it's an issue. If you just want to read material that includes color, it may not be.

The question here is whether the color is "good enough". Without seeing a device like this up close and in person, I can't say. I suspect it wouldn't be good enough for me, but I don't assume I'm representative.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote