View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 11:00 AM   #5
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
I agree. Making the first book in a series free, or extra cheap, has hooked me several times already, and in fact, books obtained like that have filled my reading time for the past weeks, within the SF genre alone.

The Hal Spacejock series was that way for bit, as is The Softwire, and also many of the series represented in the Baen free library.
Free is of course wonderful, and I'm willing to spend a bit more on subsequent books if I enjoyed a 'free gift', but 99 cents seems to be the magic "why-the-heck-not" price.

You might want to try it, even if only for a limited promotional time.
You say you're making nothing on them now, what have you got to lose?

I'd buy one.

ApK
I hear this so often: Just give some away for free... that'll solve all your problems... but I've had free material available forever.

Lowering prices... I've tried that, over a year ago, and saw no increased sales from it.

Last edited by Steven Lyle Jordan; 04-28-2011 at 11:03 AM.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote