View Single Post
Old 04-04-2009, 10:33 PM   #2
jgray
Fanatic
jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E & Sage
First, I want to say I applaude your efforts in converting this to epub. I do have a few comments, however.

First, for some reason, the images don't display in Azardi, but do in FBReader (I haven't tried Digital Editions yet).

Second, I am wondering why you broke the story up into such tiny pieces. The side effect of this is that you get odd and rather large blank spaces in the middle of the story. This is due to the fact that the reader software will display a new XHTML file at the top of the screen/page (as it should).

I didn't see any chapters as I quickly paged through the story, so using those as a natural break is out. Not counting the cover page(s), the rest of the story (including images) only comes to 310KB. I understand that the Sony reader has a problem with files over 300kB (is this an exact limit?), so I understand breaking up such a short story. I just think that fewer breaks at carefully chosen points would make things display better.

Just my two cents.
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote