View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 10:21 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by netlaptop View Post
Many thanks for your all advice and confirmation!

So now it is clear that we can NOT prevent printing since user can intentionally use ORC to convert to generic text again.

Now I have 2 options in my mind:

1- PDF with "secured" printing restriction: not so convenient with small-screen devices like Kindle 3, Kindle touch, etc.

2-PRC or other friendly Kindle, iPad... format: I personally prefer these formats since they are popularly supported well on various kind of devices. But what is the difference between "no Encrypted" vs "Content Encrypted" of PRC file made with Mobipocket Creator. I personally could not find any differences between them?
PDF won't sell and the restrictions you put in place can easily be removed.

Kindle only is a really poor idea. You should also be supporting ePub. If you use DRM, again, can be stripped in no time.

How many times do we have to say that DRM is a failure do we have to say it to you? All of the above ideas are just really bad ideas.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote