View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 04:07 AM   #2
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
I have noticed this as well, when I was preparing PB360+ devices for several people around me.
I have copied my favourite fonts over, and I couldn't find configuration where the fonts would look good. Unfortunately the Christmas were drawing close and I had to hand over the gadgets ;-)
I had concluded that the new owners would have to find fonts that look good on the new readers.
I think it is caused by different software for rendering text, or perhaps just different setting in the antialiasing.

This is one of reasons I am in no hurry to switch from my PB360 to PB360+.
Another reason is that I found the browser in the newest PB360+ firmware completely useless. Perhaps developers were too preoccupied testing it on touch-enabled devices - I have heard that PB602 devices are not in production anymore.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote