View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 11:41 PM   #42
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookie T View Post
For those of you trying to open a mobi file on iPhone you have to do a few things- register for free accounts with drop box (2.0 GB free storage, large for book files, and you get more for referrals) and an amazon account. There is a drop box app (free) that you can have on your phone then also on your pc where you can share files between devices. Then the Kindle app (free) allows you to open and read mobi files.

They both require register to an email address. You can download mobi files to your drop box, use the app on your idevice, then it has an icon similar to the email forward icon on the bottom right corner. It will then transfer it to the kindle app. I also had friends email me mobi files then used my drop box app to download and transfer them to kindle. Not sure if ebooks works on the iPhone, but I do know that the Stanza-a supposed app that accepts mobi files, and the iBooks apps (both free) won't work. Either they are not compatible with drop box or do not run mobi files.
Stanza doesn't read mobi.

But you can just open mobi email attachments with Kindle4iOS, or from web sites with mobi download (gutenberg, feedbooks etc.). Dropbox is a good option as well, though. Amazon will be updating the Kindle apps to use the Personal Documents service, which will be the best alternative of all since it does syncing.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote