View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 07:43 PM   #48
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyB View Post
I almost did exactly that!
But I had a skin for my iPhone which gave me no end of problems. It's relatively hot and humid where I live and the skin kept lifting off (despite the skin being returned and subsequently replaced incase I had fitted it incorrectly) so I wasn't sure about the whole skin thing.

Two comments finally helped me decide - 1. That the black was "rubberized" and felt different to the plastic feel of the white front and 2. That when you are reading you can't see the pretty colours!

Then there was this poll which at the time I ordered showed over 60% of Touches were black - now it's climbed up to 68%!

I'm not normally so indecisive and I'm sure if I could have actually seen one it would have been much easier. Plus my original Kobo is still working wonderfully. I'm going to be sad when it is retired.
hey Harley it all boils down to personal choice. Sucks when you got so many choices. But PeterT does have a great idea about the use of the skins. But as you pointed out there is a drawback as to climate.. something I would not have given any thought to.

What ever you decide I think it will be the right choice for you . Let us know

regards

jack

Last edited by jackastor; 07-06-2011 at 12:02 AM.
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote