View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 04:02 PM   #8
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by carandol View Post
Well now, that *is* weird. Being a Linux user, I don't use the Mobipocket software on the PC, not the iLiad desktop software, but just use it like a USB drive. The Mobipocket manual says Mobipocket files are to be placed in the Mobipocket folder within Books. I assumed they wouldn't work anywhere else. But I've now done a test, and it's quite possible to put a Mobipocket book in the Books folder -- in fact it creates its own directory, just like a PDF book does. Not only that, but you can edit the file properties, which you can't do with files in the Mobipocket folder, which makes sorting them rather easier.

On that note, I shall go away and take all my books out of the Mobipocket folder.
I run the MobiPocket reader on a Palm OS device, and keep Mobi ebook files on an SD card. The location is arbitrary: the reader will search for supported files and add them to the list that appears in the Library form.

I actually have a feature request in to let me limit where Mobi searches and what it searches for. On Palm devices. Mobi also views PalmDOC files. I don't use it for that, and don't want it to even show them in the Library. I want to tell Mobi "Only look for Mobipocket documents, and only look here".
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote