View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 10:50 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelemvor View Post
Then I needed a way to get the books onto my phone and tablet which led me to the Companion App.
Calibre Companion (CC) is a great Android app for connecting to a calibre library.

Quote:
2) Once the files are on the phone, do I have to manually import them into Aldiko (or some other program)?
If you use CC you don't need to import them to any reader. I launch my books straight from CC's interface, opening them in the reader software of my choice. In my case I open them in Moon+ Reader Pro.

Quote:
3) Can I connect multiple devices up to the same Calibre program on my PC? (my phone, wife's phone, tablet, etc).
Yes, but using a direct connection you can only connect one device to calibre at a time.

Quote:
4) Once the files are in Calibre, can I move them to another PC with Calibre on them? (e.g. work PC to home PC) just by copying the files manually?
Yes. Just copy the whole library directory as one unit and you'll be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper_ View Post
2. I would set up calibre Companion and use that to interface with calibre and manage your tab/phone's book list from the start. It will sort by tag, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper_ View Post
You can always use Alkido's list as well, I think... :what:You might want to make sure it isn't picky about where the book files are.
That is one of the many good things about CC you can always choose where to place the files.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote