View Single Post
Old 10-09-2010, 02:10 AM   #849
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@Pushka: Huh. That's *very* weird, but it does kinda explain why you had trouble with the Droid_Sans font set, because the font used in the Settings page with the default set *is* Droid Sans! But that does seem to pinpoint the issue to a very specific font file, that for some reason your Kindle's software really can't handle...

I just checked, and it wasn't one of the fonts that I updated on the 22nd, so I'm certain that it worked on my K3 without problem... :S.

Still not a clue as to why it didn't work on your unit though... .

So, a bit more info about this, but I'm still stumped .
I think I have a sensitive, new age kindle!

The font hack worked fine on my husbands K3, and also the 'same' font worked on my K2 the night before. And I have hacked a lot of kindles in my time but I cannot get this one right. Maybe I have one of those kindles like tierstan? had - a development one or something.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote