View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 12:10 PM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by vxf View Post
But is it cheaper? You can buy an Asus tablet with a 10" screen for $500.

The plus side is that you are running Windows 7, so a real operating system. It's thicker, because it has a keyboard. But I believe in terms of weight it's similar, or not much heavier. And has a built-in stylus. The only downside I see is, as you mentioned, battery life. But I would take a tablet with Windows 7 any day over the handicapped OS on the Ipad.
Depends what you want to do with it, of course. I have a couple of notebook PCs, but the iPad isn't a rival to them - it's a completely different class of machine. If I want to do real work, I use a notebook. If I want to check my e-mail, browse the web, or read a book, I use my iPad. Its best feature is the fact that you just pick it up and it's instantly on. No waiting for it to boot, like a PC.

You need to think about what you want to use it for, and act accordingly. a Tablet PC and an iPad are very different things.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote