View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 09:55 PM   #7
tamzilla
Zealot
tamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with others

Device: nook, Ipod touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregcd View Post
Wow, so the hanlin is the only device that supports epub custom fonts and justification?
You should be able to use the same method on any reader that can read ePubs (for non DRM'ed ePubs only). I don't know a lot about ePub files, but I think this is similar to the way you would would define embedded fonts, but instead of specifying a location within the ePub file for the font file location, you are specifying a location outside of it. The tricky part is to discover what the root directory of the user accessible part of the file system is, since you have to specify the full path to the font file. '/data' seems to be typical for the various Sony readers. '/abook' should work for any Hanlin V3 or V5 clone. I don't think '/abook' will work for the Opus - the SDK I found the directory info in was from before Jinke included ADE in the firmware.

The Pocket Pro doesn't allow the user to change an ePub's justification. The default behavior seems to be full justification if no other is listed in the ePub's CSS. I you want to change that, you would have to modify the CSS file - which you can only do on non DRM'ed ePubs.
tamzilla is offline   Reply With Quote