View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 05:11 PM   #70
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Kindle 1 which I bought on launch day but not fast enough to avoid waiting a couple months to get it.
Kindle Keyboard
Kindle Paperwhite

Basically, I upgraded every time they improved the screen quality. They were all in good condition when I upgraded. The buttons on the K1 were getting a little mushy, but it still worked.

I've also done the tablet thing. I prefer them when I'm reading tech books. I flip around a lot and the diagrams, tables, etc. are usually easier to read on the larger screen. It's also my cookbook. I clip a lot of recipes to Evernote.

Asus Transformer (dead)
Nexus 7 (still my primary tablet)

My husband:
Kindle 1
Kindle DX
iPad & iPad Mini

I borrow the Mini quite often. I find the full sized iPad and my old Transformer were a bit cumbersome. The Nexus 7 and the Mini are nice and light but still give me plenty of space. My husband is the opposite. The bigger the better. He's rather peeved that Amazon didn't continue with the larger format.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote