View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 05:50 PM   #16098
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
The House of Silk A Sherlock Holmes Novel by Anthony Horowitz turned out to really have the feel of a Conan Doyle Holmes tale and I really got the feel of the environment and the characters. The story was very interesting as well and had some real surprising twists. With the exception of the Mary Russell series by Laurie R. King I've stayed away from the Holmes-by-other-authors stories, but I'm sure glad to have read this one!
That sums up nicely how I felt about it too.

Just finished Hit Me by Lawrence Block, the latest in the hit-man Keller series. Ok, though strangely tension-free given the subject matter. In fact it was most interesting when he was revealing the history of various stamps, Keller being an avid collector.

Now moving on to Desert Places by Blake Crouch. After the surprise enjoyment of The Pines a couple of months ago, I have been promising myself a try of more of his works.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote