Old 01-12-2013, 01:20 AM   #77
rsan
rsan began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciromattia View Post
Hi all!
Kudos to Dc5e for KindleComicParser!

Since I'm on a Mac, the script is nearly useless without a VM, so I came out with a python script that's almost identical but more portable for *NIX systems.
I additionally bundled the whole workflow (HTML/NCX/OPF generation, kindlegen, kindlestrip) in an AppleScript droplet for MacOS users.

You can find the standalone script along with the droplet at https://github.com/ciromattia/kcc.

I plan to add support for CBR/CBZ opening to the droplet very soon (comic2ebook.py already has), and extend the workflow with some image manipulation (margin removal, contrast, resizing).

Hope you like it
Thanks man, kcc works incredible! Have you considered including this in calibre code replacing kindlegen? It would be terrific because calibre can do the image pre-processing so it would be a completly automated process.

Anyway, I have read that many people have problems with image pre-processing. I recommend you use mangle, it works like a charm. The last version does not support paperwhite but if you download the source code you can change the resolution of any profile (or even create a profile for the paperwhite) in image.py,

E.g 'Kindle DXG': ((758, 1024),Palette15a)

Cheers
rsan is offline   Reply With Quote