Thread: Touch Kobo Touch Firmware 2.0
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 10:36 AM   #1252
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kattibrie View Post
Hi!

Ever since I got the 2.0.0 update my Kobo Touch is Suuuuper slow to go to the home page. (I just tries adding some previews to the wishlist and it nearly froze).Strangely enough if I first go to the library and enter a book from there and then exit the book to the back to library button, everything is normal. Does anyone else have this kind of problem?

Thanks
Hi Kattibrie, welcome to the forum.

So, you're saying that if you're in a book, and from that book you go back to the home screen, that works fine with no delay. Correct?*

Does that mean the suuuuuper slow behaviour you are talking about only occurs when you put new books onto your Touch? If so*, I'm afraid that is normal behaviour for the new firmware. But luckily, it will also only occur the first time you view the new books in the library. The second time you see the same books in the library you'll find happens at normal speeds.

This has to do with the Touch making cover images for the books. Previous firmware did that while processing new content at startup. Current firmware does it the first time you view the books (covers) on the Touch either on the home screen or in the library. Davidfor can explain it much better but I can't find the post he wrote a while back explaining it all. (Anyone: please feel free to correct me where I'm wrong.)

Hope that helps!

*If not, you might find some solutions here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...vidfor+content

Last edited by Mrs_Often; 09-26-2012 at 10:44 AM.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote