Thread: Amazon Prime...
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 05:26 PM   #18
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
Please tell me, I use Amazon for "everyday" purchases a bit, not enough to make it worth paying £49 just for the Prime delivery benefits.
So, for just a rough idea, would it be of benefit to join it for the freebies offered only for Prime members, and for the lending library ?

Oh, and could I use it anyway, for ebooks, as I have K4PC not a kindle.

Thenks awfully.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
My 2p's worth. As a fellow UK resident, I've never thought the 49GBP annual fee was worth it, since we don't get any of the US 'extras'. Most of what I buy is delivered for free anyway with Super Saver Delivery. Although I would like next-day delivery, 49 quid is a bit steep as they are usually delivered in 2-4 working days anyway. I've found that delivery is normally quicker than Amazon's estimate, but I don't know how much this varies by UK location.
What period does the £49 charge cover - a month, year? It sounds worth a try to me (depending).
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote