View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 01:45 PM   #15
mayoi
mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: PW2 and K3 Kindles, TF101
Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel.

The bad: Her constant use of "he" to refer to Thomas Cromwell was irritating because I often wasn't sure which character the pronoun referred to. Having to re-read paragraphs just to be sure I understood who said what was annoying. She also uses quotations inconsistently for direct speech.

The good: Everything else! The characterizations, the rich descriptions of environment, clothing, memories, often lyrical. Once I got into the flow of it, I couldn't put it down.

Last edited by mayoi; 04-25-2011 at 02:20 PM.
mayoi is offline   Reply With Quote