View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 10:27 AM   #23
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by poomex View Post
Could you explain a bit more how would you edit shadow file if root password has been changed?

The reason for my question is that after I revert 'screensaver directory symlink hack' which is currently on my kindle and then update to 4.1.0 I won't be able to access system partition (with USBnet) if update for some reason will change the root password.
You copy the "root" line from a shadow that had pw mario (even from a different kindle model) and replace that line in the /etc/shadow file. You need to be careful to not insert carriage-returns into.

I have not seen any evidence that updates change passwords.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote