View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 07:34 AM   #69
Francois_C
Zealot
Francois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Touch, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by corroonb View Post
I should have been more precise. I was concerned that I could brick the device by attempting to manually install the firmware.

How do you factory reset if the firmware won't load?
On my Kobo, it happened once (unwillingly by simultaneously pressing the button below the screen and holding the power button for more than four seconds. Then I was back to the original firmware.
I re-installed 2.1.1, which works well on my machine, and took the opportunity to clean up my library and manage it only with Calbre. At first, as I'm an old-fashioned computer user, I copied books directly to the SD card, but it was not a good practice, because of possible file names and metadata issues.

Last edited by Francois_C; 10-05-2012 at 07:45 AM.
Francois_C is offline   Reply With Quote