View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 06:58 PM   #25
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
I was going to add earlier (but decided not to), that we are reading an English translation of a German article about a demo given by heise security techs. And the video is watermarked by c't magazine (a popular german tech magazine). This information may have been edited or rewritten multiple times by multiple people, causing some factual errors to creep in. There may be errors in translation (as I mentioned in an earlier post). The article as written DOES give credit to previous works.

My memory MIGHT be faulty here, or they may have replaced the video, but I do "remember" (quite clearly) watching a similar video with more details (including the web jailbreak webpage) when I first read that article. This was discussed previously in another thread, as I recall...

Even if they did change the video, I never saw them claim SOLE credit for this work. Perhaps they changed the video to remove the web page image to avoid claims of infringement or plaigarism. I suspect that any errors can be attributed to the author of the web page that DESCRIBES what heise did, rather than accusing heise of doing anything wrong.

It would be nice though if the bloggers gave more credit to the discoverer of the flaw and to the author of the jailbreak web page. At least they provided a linkback and did acknowledge "prior art" in this case (as I mentioned previously). I do not consider that to be plagiarism. If they previously used a copy of the web jailbreak in their video, it is not there now (unlike the Russian web page that still contains my personal images).

Last edited by geekmaster; 07-25-2012 at 05:13 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote